Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Just one of the million reasons I won't get tired of hockey cards

It's a lot easier for me to write about hockey cards.   I've loved them with a passion since I was a lad. 

Baseball is great too, but for me nothing can compare to Canada's game.   The designs. The sweaters. The feel of the game when you are in a rink is amazing. 

It's usually not hard for me to find a card that just jumps right out at me.   Take this Trevor Kidd card for example:

1999-00 Upper Deck # 230

No doubt Trevor carried his custom designed pads from his time in Carolina down to the Sunshine state.  Yes, they may be a bit loud, but it's characters like Kidd that just enhance the game even more for me. 

I always get a kick out of goalie masks when a netminder moves to a new city.  It's a reflection of their personality.  I think that the goalie pads could be more of an extension of a goalie's personality if they wanted them to be. 

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. You'd be hard pressed to find that much color on a baseball card.

    ReplyDelete