- I recently won this card on Twitter, and it's a pretty sharp copy. A lot of 89-90 OPC cards have centering issues, but this isn't one of them.
- 92 career playoff wins and 6 playoff shutouts shows that he was definitely a money goaltender. 4 Stanley Cup rings, and a below 3.00 GAA shows that he stepped up his game in the post season.
- Market watch: 23 copies of this card currently on COMC, ranging from 49 cents to $1.75! I would believe that the lower end of the range is more appropriate for this card/set.
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Maybe one day I'll work on finishing another one of these silver signature sets. I've always liked the MVP brand, especially the price point.
- Congrats on reaching the Hockey Hall of Fame Eric!!
- Market Watch: 1 copy of this card on COMC, priced at $3.05 (28% discount). I would say that's about right for the big E.
- 98/99 is when the NHL started keeping Time on Ice stats. Eric averaged 22:56 per game which is big for a forward, especially one who took a lot of punishment as Eric did.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Still going strong, Bobby Lu will turn 40 at the end of the 2018-19 season.
- Needs 14 wins this season to pass Ed Belfour for 3rd all time. He would then only trail Roy and Brodeur on the wins list.
- Market watch: 2 copies of this card currently on COMC, priced at $2.73 & $2.74. Shop around, 8 copies currently on Sportlots all for 18 cents apiece.
- Would have loved to have seen some background on this set, which mirrors the 75-76 OPC/Topps design.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
- I need to pay closer attention to more teams in the NHL. I had no idea that 2015-16 was Gustav's 5th season in the NHL. I only remember hearing his name on telecasts during the last 2...
- Another player doing well for himself even though he hasn't had a huge season numbers wise in the NHL yet. 27 & 28 goal campaigns have earned him a 4 year contract with a cap hit of $4.75 million.
- The odds on the horse bearing his surname today are 3-5 (as of this writing). Almost not worth betting on....
Thursday, May 19, 2016
- 19 points so far in the playoffs...maybe headed for the Conn Smythe trophy?
- I didn't know that he made $6 million a year. Not bad for a player who hasn't scored more than 32 goals or 67 points in a season.
- Would love to know how this photo was taken. It appears that someone was right behind the net as the photo was snapped...
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- Great mask. The days of the full fiberglass mask are long gone, but there were some great designs on them back in the 70's
- Wayne didn't debut in the NHL until he was 27 years old. He spent a decade in the league with the Blues, Flyers and Capitals. Wayne won a Cup with the Flyers in 1974-75
- The first jersey number that Wayne wore in the NHL with the Blues was 25. Not sure if any other goalie in the league ever wore 25...